Gateway is proud to be partnering with Calgary Alternative Employment Services (CAES) to offer this valuable program in Alberta.
The Canadian Association for Supported Employment (CASE) will deliver its ‘MentorAbility Canada Project’ through partner organizations in every province over 3 years. This project engages employers as Mentors and matches them with Protégés (people with disabilities) to provide them with the skills, advice and confidence they need to successfully explore and pursue their choice for employment in the business mentors industry sector.
Mentorability Canada will be delivered in the following provinces with these project partners:
- British Columbia: Inclusion BC (New Westminster)
- Alberta: Calgary Alternative Support Services (Calgary) and Gateway Association (Edmonton)
- Saskatchewan; Eagle’s Nest Youth Ranch (Prince Albert)
- Manitoba; Work and Social Opportunities (Winnipeg)
- Ontario: March of Dimes Canada and Ontario Disability Employment Network (Toronto)
- Quebec: SPHERE (Montreal)
- Nova Scotia: TEAM Work Coop (Halifax) and
- Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island: Avalon Employment (St. John’s).
In every one of the 8 jurisdictions listed above, CASE will be responsible for contracting one service provider from its network of association members to act as Provincial Hubs to coordinate the program and to serve as a hub in that province. The contracted Provincial Hubs (8 in total) will in turn be responsible for the grassroots engagement of other supported employment service providers, community partners, and employers in the province to carry out proposed project activities.