We are seeking a Treasurer for our Board of Directors. We are a non-profit organization that has been providing support for individuals with disabilities and their families and require a committed individual to oversee the association’s financial health.
- Monitor financial health of the organization.
- Develop the annual budget with the Executive Director.
- Review financial statements prepared by the staff and communicate concerns with the Board members.
- Provide full and accurate accounts of all receipts and disbursements of the Association; ensure they are maintained in proper books of account.
- Ensure all funds are deposited in the name of the Association in such Bank or Banks as designated by the Board.
- Ensure all disbursements of funds are made according to the direction of the Board and that proper vouchers for such disbursements are maintained.
- Present financial reports covering all financial transactions of the Association regularly to the Board.
- Present a duly audited financial report at the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the organization by attending Board and Special meetings, Board Development events, and functions and events as hosted by the Association.
- Monitoring the governance of the Association, reviewing, and changing accordingly, objectives, by-laws and policies.
- Some committee work or other assistance may be required.
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong oral and written communications
- Interest in getting involved and making a difference to the community
Benefits for the volunteer:
- Meet and interact with other board members and volunteers
- Contribute to the welfare of children and families living with intellectual disabilities
- Opportunity to enhance a professional resume
- A work record will be kept so that appropriate references can be provided.
The commitment of to the board will be is meeting an average of 6 times a year with the board of directors, meeting monthly with the executive director and finance director, with the total commitment of approximately 50 hours a year. No experience is necessary.
Commitment to the principles of valuing the contributions that all citizens make, including those with intellectual disabilities.
Our next AGM is <April 2021> from , <6 pm – 7:30pm>
For more information please contact 780-454-0701 ext. 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org