With the growing global concerns around COVID-19 (coronavirus), we are committed to our community during this trying time.
The health, safety and well-being of our employees and individuals accessing our services is our top priority. Our decisions are based on preventative and proactive measures that benefit all.
To ensure our work continues in an environment safe for all involved, we have made the decision as a team to work remotely until further notice. Specific program information is as follows:
- Our team will still be in contact with the people we are currently supporting via phone call, video call, text message or email. All in person meetings that were scheduled will be adjusted to occur via phone call, video call, text message or email.
- We will not start working with any new job seekers on the wait list until our offices open up again.
- Government staff have communicated that they will not be attending any meetings in person.
- Our team will still be in contact with the people we are currently supporting via phone call, video call, or email.
- All planning meetings will be postponed however all the pre-planning tasks will continue via email and phone calls.
- Families Forward will be cancelled for March.
- All Workshops for the Month of March 2020 will be postponed. New dates will be posted in April.
Office Hours: Our Office continue to remain closed with all staff working from home.
Our Office Number is 780.454.0701. Please feel free to leave a message on any of our voicemails, as we receive them through our email. However, please be aware that no one will be working in the office physically.
Events in March
- “Not Eligible for PDD? Now What?” – Transition Resource Fair was scheduled for March 24, 2020, and will be postponed as per the government’s recommendation.
- The AGM will still occur on March 24 but over a conference call. Email Sahana@gatewayassociation.ca if you’d like to call in to the AGM.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed.
Great Resources we are monitoring and encourage you to follow:
- Edmonton: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/healthinfo/link/index.html
- Alberta : https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
- Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html#a3
- Globally: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019