Careers & Volunteering
Gateway is a nonprofit organization with a 47-year history in the Edmonton and Calgary area. We value family and work-life balance. If a flexible schedule and the opportunity for personal and professional growth are important to you, watch for our latest employment opportunities below.
WORK WITH US
Interested in working with Gateway Association? See below for our open positions and apply now!
FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE COORDINATOR – FRC – EDMONTON
Gateway Association Overview
In 1975, a group of passionate parents fought to open doors for their children. Gateway Association emerged as the “Gateway to a better life” they envisioned for people with disabilities and their families. Gateway is a Family Resource Centre (FRC), an Employment Resource Centre (ERC), a Learning Resource Centre (LRC) and a Digital Inclusion Hub that provides education, family support, mentorship and inclusive employment.
Gateway facilitates big change via small changes and works to ignite diversity advocacy in workplaces and the community to advance inclusion-culture.
Direct Duties: Family Support
For Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) & Persons with Developmental Disabilities – Family Managed Support (PDD-FMS)
- Provide direct support to families via phone, email and online video conferencing platforms
- Coordinate with colleagues who are responsible for complete Individualized Service Plan (ISP) Management – engage families in visioning and planning, while working to understand their values, needs and support goals.
- Engage individuals, families, government partners and chosen community members to develop a person-centered and person-directed ISP.
- Assist with the implementation of the ISP.
- Connect families with relevant community resources and peer support opportunities, providing referrals where appropriate
Direct Duties: Capacity Building
For FSCD & PDD-FMS
- Help families to build the skills, confidence, and resiliency to flourish.
- Assist families with brainstorming constructive and creative solutions to complex problems
- Connect families with one another for mentorship
- Facilitate workshops for families that have been developed by Gateway families
Direct Duties: Capacity Building
- Provide opportunities to FMS families for sharing resources and staff
- Assist with planning for aging families
Part-Time position, working 20 hours/week. We believe in work life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervises: No Direct Reports
What You Can Bring to Gateway
- Minimum of a diploma in Community Rehab, Social Work, Human ecology, Psychology or a similar field in Humanities.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the disability sector working with children, youth and adults with disabilities
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with families
- In-depth knowledge of funding, programs, services and supports for individuals (FSCD, AISH, PDD, Schools, Medical System, RDSP’s, Guardianship, ERAPS, and Agencies).
- Experience and proficiency in financial literacy, digital/technology fluency, presentation, facilitation, written reporting, and verbal reporting
- Project management, leadership, networking, caseload management, resource development, collaboration, conflict resolution/mediation, ethnocultural awareness, indigenous awareness and advocacy experience are all considered assets
- Awareness about barriers in urban and rural areas, and resourcefulness to mitigate/navigate them
- Willingness to learn from and learn with individuals and families
- Values: inclusion, authenticity, person-centric, non-judgemental, patience, creativity
- Reliable cell phone and internet
- Must reside within Edmonton or the greater surrounding area
Gateway Value Proposition (Compensation & Benefits)
- Salary per year: $29,333.33 ($28.20 per hour)
- Benefits – 50/50 Employee/Employer Paid Premiums
- 8 vacation days, 4.5 Personal days, 12 paid holidays and a flexible family-friendly schedule
- Work conditions include: Occasional travel within Alberta, collaborative and independent work, meetings, and community-based events with community partners, and with families.
- Hybrid work (work from the office, home, and community settings)
- Culture that focuses on reflective practice and building relationality with colleagues
- Commitment from leadership on learning anti-oppressive practices
- Frequent questioning and exploring of how Gateway does its work (internally and externally)
Our Application and Hiring Process and Timeline
- Send a PDF Resume & Cover Letter to: [email protected]
- Preferred Start Date: ASAP (based on successful candidate’s availability)
- Competition Closing Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 5:00 PM
- Posting Type: Internal & External Candidates Considered
- We will review applications and conduct virtual interviews on a rolling basis until the position is filled
- Candidates scheduled for interviews will be provided with questions in advance.
- All interviewed candidates will be notified of their status in the application process as it proceeds.
- While we’d like to connect with everyone, we simply don’t have the capacity to reply to all applications. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inclusion and Accommodation
Gateway is committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where each employee can bring their authentic selves to work and be supported and valued for their contributions. We are an equal opportunity employer, which means all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or other characteristics. Accommodations within our recruitment process and on the job are practiced and applied as needed. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or call 587-435-6553 for more information regarding accommodations and to request any accommodations.
Gateway Association is looking for board members. Join our team of passionate members!
Gateway Association Overview
Gateway Association is a provincial leader in pan disability inclusion. Gateway provides inclusive employment, family support and digital literacy. Our mission is to transform communities though the lens of disability. We envision a community where all people are valued, contributing members of their communities.
Board members are actively involved in organizational strategy, governance, community building, and advocacy.
We are looking for people passionate about inclusion and who can commit to attending board meetings and committee work to move the organization forward.
The board needs a variety of skills, with a strong emphasis on board candidates with:
· Experience with relationship building, community connections and fundraising
· Strategic thinking
· Leadership experience
· Legal experience and/or policy writing
· Diverse perspectives
· Member of BIPOC communities, and/ or an equity seeking groups
· Family member of a person with a disability
· Lived experience
For more information please visit our website: https://gatewayassociation.ca/
The Nominating Committee is accepting applications and those interested in board service can submit their resume at Fiona, Fund Development Manager by email at [email protected]
Calling All Volunteers
Download the FREE Gateway to Digital Inclusion mobile app and start your inclusive journey today!
10941-120 Street NW, #201
Edmonton, AB T5H 3R3
1206-20 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 1M8